Alberta SDA Conference Schools are developing plans for the 2021-22 school year, based on guidance from Alberta Education and Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health. There are 2 (2) scenarios that Alberta’s Education Minister has directed school divisions to prepare for, with the understanding that school will start under Scenario 1.
Those scenarios are:
- In-School classes resume (near normal with health measures outlined by Alberta Education)
- At-home learning (in-school classes are suspended/cancelled)
Click on the Handbook Image link below and familiarize yourself with the Re-Entry Plan:
The broad focus has included:
- The frequency of school cleaning will increase.
- Emphasis will be placed on personal hygeine. Students and staff must wash or disinfect their hands each time they enter the school throughout the day.
Screening and daily precautions:
- Woodlands will be communicating further before the fall on self-screening, before students leave the home, to ensure that a student or staff member does not attend school if they have symptoms or are ill.
- A screening information tool will be provided to each family upon registration, along with a form to sign indicating that each family has read and understood the screening proceedure.
- Visitors of the school will be asked to do the same self-screening prior to attending the school.
Protective Personal Equipment (PPE):
- mask use at schools is optional this time
Communication with families:
- Woodlands staff will continue to communicate with you as more details are available via email.
- Please feel free to contact us with your questions or concerns. We are in this together.